ZW3D supports to translate non-native CAD data with associative connections. There is no need to worry about CAD data exchange with multi-suppliers.
Innovational Solid-Surface Hybrid Modeling to maximize design flexibility
Based on innovational Solid-Surface Hybrid Modeling technology,users can make Boolean operations for surface parts directly with solid geometries.
Robust parametric modeling and direct editing to facilitate faster product design
• A range of tools are provided for parametric modeling based on dimension driven features, allowing quick design modifications and keeping you focused on innovation.
• With Direct Editing tools, you can quickly modify any 3D model geometry without history regeneration, saving tons of time.
Specialized industrial solution to elevate sheet metal design efficiency
Various CAD application functions are provided to meet different industry demands, like sheet metal design, FTI for advanced unfold, weldments design and reverse engineering, greatly expanding the reach of ZW3D in your area.
Advanced assembly function to boost productivity
• Abundant tools are included in ZW3D to handle your big and complex assemblies via both top-down and bottom-up designs. You can flexibly assemble, manage and edit the components, view different status and update manage associated models, etc.
• Verification tools will safeguard the manufacturability of your designs.
Flexible Embossing, Morphing & Wrapping to create optimal design
• Quickly emboss a surface of high precision from a raster image.
• Provide solid, surface and STL data to do flexible morphing and wrapping.
Automatic 2D sheet and smart PMI tools to optimize your workflow
• 2D drawing views, with detailed information of dimensions, tolerances and annotations displayed, can be easily created for manufacturing and inspection. Plus, they can be updated automatically to reflect model or assembly changes.
• PMI tools allow you to make dimensions and annotations intuitively on the 3D entities, making design interaction a piece of cake.
Fast core-cavity parting to shorten leads time
• In ZW3D, you can bypass model healing and split parts directly through parting lines or region faces, saving you mass of time.
• Both automatic and manual creation of parting lines, inner holes and parting face are provided to raise efficiency, especially for new designers.
• Multi-cavity design & multi-product design are delivered to meet the various design demands of different products.
Extensive library of mold base & components with different standards
Built-in library of mold bases and standard part can be modified and personalized,
meeting the requirements of different countries and companies.
Specialized tools to deal with detailed mold design
ZW3D provides specialized tools to quickly create runners, cooling system, slide and different gate,
which can be freely modified according to practical requirement.
Flexible solutions to deal with complex electrodes design quickly
• Easy-to-use electrode extract tools allow you to deal with complex electrodes quickly.
• A batch of electrodes and 2D sheets can be automatically created to dramatically shorten development time and reduce errors.
Shorter learning curve and quicker implementation
A clear workflow with an intuitive Microsoft UI enables you to start working quickly. Whether you are an experienced
engineer or a complete novice, ZW3D CAM can be mastered with a pretty short learning curve
Intelligent & reliable 2X milling
• Hole & 2 Axis Tactic can define features and generate manufacturable tool paths automatically, cutting programming time by 70%.
• ZW3D 2 Axis delivers the necessary of tools for easy control over all aspects of 2X milling. You can easily and flexibly generate toolpaths on 2D geometry, surfaces or features.
Highly efficient roughing strategies
• Volumill for ZW3D can help you to generate optimized toolpaths with 50%-80% machining cycle time saved.
• Plus, it can use full depth of cutter, sparing your cutting tool costs up to 75%.
Productive 3X milling
• More than 40 types of machining operations are included in ZW3D to facilitate efficient roughing, smoothing finishing and productive high speed machining, assisting you to deal with all kinds of work at ease.
• Easy to get the desired toolpaths on not only Nurbs but also STL geometry, even undercut toolpath on both of them.
Higher-value 4&5 axis
• The 5X milling module provides a complete solution for indexing and 4&5 simultaneous machining, and it's also able to work with STL file.
• Comprehensive functionalities, like swarf, drive curve, drive surface, flow cut, side cut, point control and 3x toolpath convert into 5axis, are provided to extend machining capabilities for different scenarios.
• Turning provides outside and inside roughing, finishing, grooving, threading, facing and drilling to deal with most types of turned parts.
• Wireframes, surfaces and solid features can be recognized. Turning cycles are supported.
Flexible tool path editor
• With tool path editor, you can get better tool paths and improved machining efficiency without tedious adjustments of parameter settings and continuous re-calculation of tool paths.
• Edit entire or partial tool paths with tools like Trim, Re-order, Re-link, Extend & Transform.
Numerous options are delivered to ensure feasible, reliable and safe machining.
• The solid verify tool simulates the actual machining process and analyses the excess materials, leading to reliable and efficient machining.
• The analysis function helps programmers to detect collisions and gouges between tools and stock, table, clamps etc.
• The accurate calculation of the minimum tool hang length ensures the safety of your machining.
ZW3D Post provides advanced post-processing capabilities for converting cutter location data (APT-CL) into machine specific code (GM code) required by CNC machines.
• Supports all classes of 3-5 axis milling machines.