Loading an LS-DYNA d3plot file requires additional steps not necessary for loading
other file types.
1. When opening a d3plot file eta/PostGL prompts the user for the version of LS-
DYNA that produced the file. The SINGLE SELECTION WINDOW is displayed
with the different LS-DYNA versions.
2. After the LS-DYNA version has been selected, eta/PostGL prompts the user:
> Do you want to process and output acceleration and
YES prompts eta/PostGL to write a velocity (*.av) file allowing the user to
postprocess for velocity. The file is then automatically loaded into the database.
NOTE: When loading a *.pp file eta/PostGL will automatically search for and load any veloc-
ity (*.av) file associated with it.
3. Next, the user has the option of loading a select number of time steps (frames) from
the file. If one of the select frames categories is entered, the user will be required to
enter the beginning and ending frame in the DATA INPUT WINDOW.
NOTE: If an error message is returned after this step the file is possibly corrupt.
4. Next, eta/PostGL prompts the user to select the result components. Multiple compo-
nents can be selected.
5. Once the user has determined the components eta/PostGL loads the file and displays
it in the GRAPHICS DISPLAY WINDOW.
The PRINT function prints the contents of the graphics display window. The user is first
directed to the Windows PRINT SETUP WINDOW to set the parameters for printing.
DEFAULT FONT SIZE
This function allows the user to adjust the font size of the text displayed in the GRAPH-
ICS DISPLAY WINDOW.